With external collaboration made possible by Axway, the Internal Revenue Service recovers $8.7B in lost tax dollars globally.
partners securely supported on a cloud platform
recovered in lost tax dollars
availability configuration ensures 24/7 access
Case study details
With federal funding, the IRS commissioned the International Data Exchange Service (IDES), the technological infrastructure that allows tax authorities and financial institutions across the globe to securely submit account information to the IRS electronically. It’s essentially designed to act as a third-party clearinghouse between the IRS, global tax authorities and financial service partners.
The IRS faced the need to comply with legislation requiring reporting of all foreign financial accounts of U.S. taxpayers and developing a secure data exchange system to include hundreds of thousands of global partners and do so within 6 months
• The cloud provides security and isolation from the agency’s internal IT network
• Self-service enables personnel and partners to onboard and manage accounts
• Elastic model to manage processing peaks and valleys is budget friendly
• On-time delivery meets a tight public project completion schedule
• Recognized by ACT-IAC as an Excellence.gov award finalist