Mark O’Neill highlights a new API security white paper; IT Business Edge discusses data lakes; A look into the mind of a hacker; Migratory applications and the future of the cloud; Improvements to predictive analytics
- Last year our own Mark O’Neill co-hosted a webinar with security expert Gunnar Peterson discussing the Top Ten API Security Considerations, and this week Mark wrote a blog post about a new API security white paper from Gunnar. In his own blog post on the paper, Gunnar noted that he sees a lot of people developing APIs without putting enough time into the security basics.
- Loraine Lawson of IT Business Edge discusses why enterprise data lakes are still up for debate, highlighting the problems and benefits companies face when integrating into them.
- Bird’s-eye view? More like hacker’s-eye view!!! Re/code takes a look into a hacker’s mind, exploring what they think about the Internet of Things and the vulnerability of IoT.
- With the ability to run anywhere, could migratory apps be the future of the cloud – specifically the hybrid cloud? Search Cloud Computing highlights three components that distinguish migratory applications from hybrid applications.
- Predictive analytics for everyone? Datanami reports on recent research from Forrester that found that improvements to predictive analytics enable regular business people and developers to leverage the technology.