PHOENIX – September 8, 2014
— To enable organizations to deliver and govern end-to-end flows of data across cloud, business partners and mobile apps, Axway
(NYSE Euronext: AXW.PA), a market leader in governing the flow of data, today announced the launch of Axway Application Programming Interface (API) Management 7.3
, part of the Axway 5 Suite
. This release of Axway API Management combines the extensive management of business APIs with enhanced security, visibility and self-service capabilities. As a result, organizations can streamline operations, drive down costs, and avoid point-to-point architectures that are not only costly and fragile, but also increase risk by limiting visibility into data flows across the entire business.
According to Gartner, “APIs are new distribution channels. No CIO can ignore their business potential and the transformation they will cause in IT departments in the future, and because of the ubiquitous adoption of SOA and growing importance of mobile and Internet of Things, API management is essential in a Web-scale digital business environment. Without it, the organizations risk loss of productivity, efficiency and integrity of their information processes.”(1)
Axway API Management is a combination of Axway API Gateway and Axway API Portal. With Axway API Management, customers benefit from:
- Expanded cloud integration: Securely and more comprehensively connects to cloud services including Google, Salesforce.com and Amazon Web Services.
- Lightweight, real-time application integration: Includes an embedded messaging provider with third party messaging and Web Sockets support that enables lightweight integration via asynchronous APIs from backend systems and SOA deployments to applications, mobile devices and browsers, resulting in faster time to market at a lower cost.
- Flexible self-service: Enables companies to rapidly create self-service applications for governance, self provisioning, partner on-boarding or community management through integration with Axway 5 Suite, empowering developers and partners, while accelerating time to market.
- Anytime, anywhere API management: Allows companies to fit API Management into each and every development process with the addition of Joomla and Joomla plug-in support as part of the out-of-the-box Axway API Portal, combined with the functionality to embed in third party portals.
- Business-level visibility and mobile notifications: Delivers operational intelligence across APIs by expanding event alerting with more pre-defined and user-defined alerts and notifications, including mobile notifications, for real-time visibility across the company, partners and customers that improves customer satisfaction.
- Enhanced API security and compliance: Offers expanded OAuth 2.0 client support, OpenID Connect capabilities and pre-packaged integration with Ping Identity through policy filters to ensure complete API security and single sign-on, the avoidance of data breaches, and the implementation of broader regulatory compliance.
“Most companies are just beginning to understand the full potential of the API economy,” said Mark O’Neill, vice president of innovation, Axway. “The latest release expands the reach of business APIs even further by giving companies a single technology foundation for delivering and reusing internal, B2B, cloud and mobile APIs. We are making the API economy a reality today.”
Available today on-premise and in the cloud, Axway API Management is part of the Axway 5 Suite
, which leverages proven technologies such as API Management, B2B, MFT and Operational Intelligence to govern the flow of data across the enterprise and beyond the edge of the enterprise.
Axway has been identified as a sample vendor in Gartner’s "Hype Cycle for Application Infrastructure, 2014" (2) and the “Hype Cycle for Identity and Access Management Technologies, 2014”(3) reports. Axway was named in the “Application Services Governance” and “Web Services Security Gateways” categories, respectively.
Axway is positioned as a Leader in the Gartner 2014 Magic Quadrant for On-Premises Application Integration Suites and the Gartner 2013 Magic Quadrant for Application Services Governance.(4) Download the reports here:http://www2.axway.com/l/8662/2013-08-15/df9nr
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
¹Gartner, “Hype Cycle for Multienterprise Solutions, 2014, Deborah R Wilson, Benoit J. Lheureux, Andrew White, 29 July 2014.
²Gartner, Hype Cycle for Application Infrastructure, 2014, Jess Thompson, 29 July 2014
³Gartner, Hype Cycle for Identity and Access Management Technologies, 2014, Gregg Kreizman, 15 July 2014
4Gartner “Magic Quadrant for On-Premises Application Integration Suites,” Jess Thompson, Yefim V. Natis, Massimo Pezzini, Kimihiko Iijima, Fabrizio Biscotti, Keith Guttridge, July 29, 2014 and Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Application Services Governance,” Paolo Malinverno, Daryl C. Plummer, Gordon Van Huizen, 8 August 2013
Axway (NYSE Euronext: AXW.PA), a market leader in governing the flow of data, is a global software company with more than 11,000 public- and private-sector customers in 100 countries. For more than a decade, Axway has empowered leading organizations around the world with proven solutions that help manage business-critical interactions through the exchange of data flowing across the enterprise, among B2B communities, cloud and mobile devices. Our award-winning solutions span business-to-business integration, managed file transfer, operational intelligence, API and identity management, and email security– offered on premise and in the Cloud with professional and managed services. Axway is registered in France with headquarters in the United States and offices in 19 countries. www.axway.com
About Axway 5 Suite
Axway 5 Suite offers control and optimization of the flow of data through integration, visibility, policy, security and reliability to govern business-to-business interactions, communities, systems and data types — within and beyond the enterprise edge.