System SpecificationsView Full Specs
- Licensed software
Axway Central Governance is a single solution for governing the flow of data between the entities involved in a business process. Utilizing Axway 5 Suite’s modern architecture, it centralizes and unifies governance features leveraging data, metadata and events handled by Axway 5 Suite products for enterprise integration, managed file transfer, B2B and API management.
Through a unified console, Axway Central Governance provides a consistent, persona-based user experience for governing data flows within internal infrastructures, across partner communities, from system to system and person to person, and to and from cloud and mobile applications. The result is centralized control and deep visibility for end-to-end data flows in the context of business interactions.
In this release, Axway Central Governance is available for use with Axway Transfer CFT v3.1 and higher. Future releases will support additional Axway 5 Suite products.
Key Features & Benefits
Data Flow Repository for faster data flow deployment
Respond rapidly to changing business requirements and eliminate configuration errors and inconsistencies.
- Define end-to-end file transfer interactions between participants, both at design time and runtime.
- Manage the definitions of the applications that drive a data flow.
- From the data flow definitions in the repository, automatically generate configuration parameters for the underlying middleware infrastructure with full control of the configuration deployment.
Centralized day-to-day operation management
Drastically reduce operational management complexity and cost
- Configure, start and stop components
- Monitor components and data flows
- View logs
- Use mass-processing features for highly distributed environments (groups, configuration policies, etc.)
Global identity management and access control
Use Central Governance as a central control point for security enforcement across the entire infrastructure
- Define and enforce policies governing data flow access
- Secure data flows using existing access and identity management systems to ensure compliance with corporate security policies and regulatory requirements
- Manage user and partner identities and access rights
- Ensure authentication, encryption and signature at the node level, by centrally managing certificates lifecycle
Out-of-the-box visibility and audit trails
Business-oriented monitoring and end-to-end control are available and adaptable for both business managers and IT staff through user-defined and out-of-the-box dashboards
- Use dashboards, alerts, reports and data flow analytics to monitor and analyze components and data flows at each step of a process in fine-grained detail, including progress of large file transfers, space remaining on servers, and more
- Manage SLAs, speed problem resolution and improve responsiveness across lines of business by reducing dependence on IT
- Improve quality of service and reduce costs over your entire data exchange environment by detecting and correcting data flow issues or malfunctions in real time, before they become critical
- Ensure compliance with regulations that require audit of transfers, security and access.
Instead of managing a file transfer or a business relationship in isolation, Axway Central Governance places the focus on governing the data flow itself: the entities involved, the data exchanged, and the context of the business process. Governing data flows in the context of specific business interactions enables businesses to prioritize processing and act on the data appropriately.
Axway Central Governance enables you to:
- Define, provision and manage the entities involved in the data flow (systems, people and applications)
- Define, provision and manage what is exchanged in the data flow (a file, a message, an invoice, a catalog), the related security and access management policies, partner and customer SLAs, etc.
- Control and monitor data flows at both business and technical levels to ensure that interactions happen as you have defined them
Speed deployment, reduce costs and optimize IT resources
With Axway Central Governance, you can optimize usage of IT resources and infrastructure and minimize labor-intensive, break-and-fix procedures. Functionality includes:
- Automatic discovery of Axway Transfer CFT instances declaring themselves under the control of Central Governance services
- Centralized design and deployment of configurations for Axway Transfer CFT instances including mass-processing features for highly distributed environments
- Centralized day-to-day operation management, including starting and stopping components, viewing logs and monitoring data flows
- Global management of user and partner identities and access rights, providing a central control point for security enforcement across the entire infrastructure
Improve Business Agility with the Data Flow Repository
Axway Central Governance provides a Data Flow Repository for creating and managing end-to-end flow definitions, from business-application level to infrastructure level. These definitions automatically generate a consistent parameter setup for the underlying Axway 5 Suite products involved in the execution of the data flow.
Manage SLAs with out-of-the-box visibility into data flows that drive business interactions
Axway Central Governance delivers deep visibility and a single source of truth for governing the data flows that drive your business interactions — inside the enterprise and beyond the enterprise edge. Functionality includes:
- Fine-grained, end-to-end visibility into data flows to ensure compliance with repository definitions (and SLAs)
- Out-of-the box alert management, including a subscription mechanism for alert notifications, for real-time tracking of problems linked to components or data flow processing
- Out-of-the-box web dashboards with data flow analytics for the entire Axway 5 Suite infrastructure
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Red Hat Linux Enterprise 5, 6 and 7
- Oracle Linux 5, 6 and 7
- CentOS 6 and 7
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11.2 and 12
- Cluster Management:
- RH Cluster Suite 2.0.52
- Central Governance embedded database: MySQL
- External databases: MySQL 5.6 and 5.7 (MySQL Cluster not supported), Oracle 11.2 and 12.1 (including Oracle RAC), MS SQL Server 2012 and 2014
- Windows 7 - 32 & 64 bits Internet Explorer 11
- Windows 7 - 32 & 64 bits Chrome Latest
- Windows 7 - 32 & 64 bits Firefox Latest
- Windows 7 - 32 & 64 bits Firefox ESR Latest
- Windows 8.1 - 64 bits Internet Explorer 11
- Windows 8.1 - 64 bits Chrome Latest
- Windows 8.1 - 64 bits Firefox Latest
- Windows 8.1 - 64 bits Firefox ESR Latest
- Axway Products:
- Axway Transfer CFT 3.1.2 and later