Across government, new regulations and rising citizen expectations are driving digital transformation. APIs are at the heart of digital interactions that will fuel this transformation by quickly connecting internal systems with new experiences that engage citizens in dynamic and relevant ways.
The solution that meets today’s requirements must manage the full API lifecycle and provide a complete end-to-end set of services that simplify access to enterprise data, integrate with full API lifecycle support, and streamline app building to speed delivery of value to the agency and experiences to citizens.
Axway API Management Plus combines full API lifecycle management, secure integration services, and monitoring and analytics to help improve operations and heighten ecosystem unification. It is part of the Axway AMPLIFY™ data integration and engagement platform, which also includes unified mobile app development to provide a complete solution for the rapid change and modernization that your agency envisions and your citizens expect.
Key Features and Benefits
API lifecycle management streamlines the management of the people and processes of the API lifecycle central to delivering digital value through the deployment, improvement, and operations of digital initiatives.
- Establish policies to promote conversion, operational stability, authorization and security.
- API Builder also enables real-time orchestration of API calls to facilitate creation and increase performance of composite APIs.
- Create and manage an API catalog for easy API search and discovery, and to support all API lifecycle stages, from registration through retirement.
- Support DevOps to enable collaborative development of policies, automated continuous integration and promotion, deployment to staged environments, and continuous testing — with zero downtime for delivery and upgrades.
- Take a best-practice API-first approach that leverages popular API design formats such as Swagger and RAML and provides APIs to enable customers to adapt and customize the API management process.
- Provide a developer portal to boost adoption by making it easy for developers to join an API community and discover, consume, build and test APIs.
Data drives relevancy, personalization, convenience and speed — the hallmarks of a good digital experience. The explosion in the quantity and sources of available data provides ripe opportunities when you can access, integrate and secure it with ease and speed.
Secure integration foundation frees the data and services trapped in back-office silos with the security agencies expect in an enterprise solution.
- Integration policy filters and prebuilt connectors and adapters simplify and speed integration.
- A Visual Mapper with a graphical Data Map Editor and map engine simplifies data format transformation.
- Microservices support offers a clear separation layer between the developer-facing APIs and internal systems, and simplifies code maintenance, reduces development effort and enables parts of an application to be scaled separately.
- Identity management simplifies integrating with existing identity access management systems and provides for identity mediation, federation and audit.
- Data security options dramatically reduce the time to implement a high level of security designed to avoid breaches.
- REST-enabled digital MFT/B2B/EDI functionality is preintegrated with Axway API Management Plus, simplifying agency-wide use of existing information and tools for new business uses. Analytics & monitoring provide the ability to measure and monitor success with visibility across the digital operations value chain.
- Real-time operational monitoring provides visibility to topology status, API activity tracking and performance monitoring.
- Developer metrics show API consumer adoption trends and API usage metrics that are important to understanding API program operational success.
- Integration with Axway Decision Insight enables predictive embedded analytics in the API management tools for proactive identification of abnormal situations and key operational insight for decision-making.
API lifecycle management
- Build APIs visually or programmatically
- Define the app data model without writing any code
- Automatically generate complete documentation
- Orchestrate APIs with a visual interface to split incoming API calls into multiple underlying API calls
- Build a central catalog of all available APIs – both REST and SOAP — and virtualize them appropriately
- Team collaboration to create policies simultaneously
- Integration to your CI/CD chain
- Zero downtime for delivery and upgrades
- Docker container support for on-premise, cloud and hybrid deployments
- Import and export common API design formats such as Swagger, RAML. WADL, and WSDL
- Standards-based Joomla CMS portal with search/read/try/use API discovery and FAQs, articles and forums for building developer communities
- Advanced search to easily browse large catalogs
- Mobile SDK available to easily integrate APIs into your favorite programming language
- Connectivity to enterprise identity providers
Secure integration services
Over 30 integration policy filters
Data formats: XML, JSON, SOAP, REST, TEXT, HTML
Data transport: SMTP, POP3, IMAP4, HTTP(S) 1.0 and 1.1, FTP(S), JMS, Filesystem, JDBC, Websockets as Proxy
API definition standards: WADL, Swagger (1.0, 2.0), RAML, WSDL (SOAP1.1 and SOAP 1.2), Markdown for Documentation
Enterprise Messaging Systems: JMS, IBM MQ Series, Active MQ, Tibco EMS
Prebuilt connectors and adapters
Pre-built connectors for Salesforce, Azure, MS SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Box, Swagger, Postgres
Composite connector for multiple data sources
Salesforce, Service Now with API Discovery
AWS S3 and AWS SNS
- Graphically specify XML/JSON, JSON/JSON, XML/XML transformations
Open Authentication/Authorization Standards: LDAP, RADIUS, OCSP, SAML, XACML, OAuth 2.0 Client and Server, OpenID
Connect Client and Server, API Keys (with Secret and without), AWS Style API Keys, Mutual SSL
IAM Integration: Okta, Ping Identity, Microsoft AD, Kerberos, IBM SDS and IBM Tivoli AM, CA SSO (formerly SiteMinder), Oracle
AM/ES, RSA AM
Certificates, signatures and data encryption: PKCS, Kerberos, X.509 Certificates, XML Signature, XML Encryption, SSL/TLS, JWT, JWS, PGP, SMIME
- Common Criteria Certification
- Protection Profile for Enterprise Security Management-Access Control Version 2.1
- Enterprise Security Management - Policy Management Version 2.1
- FIPS and NIST B security compliance
- Ws-* Standards:
WS-Security, WS-Trust, WS-Federation, WS-SecureExchange, WSIL, WS-I, WS-Addressing, WS-SecureConversation, WS-MetadataExchange, WS-SecurityPolicy, WS-PolicyAttachment
UDDI, WSRR, MTOM, WCF, XKMS
- Tools for XPath, XSLT, XML Schema HSM Cards Supported
- Thales NCipher, Safenet Luna
- Anti-virus/Anti-malware: McAfee (Engine and Scan inside the application), ICAP Connector, Clam AV, Sophos
REST-enabled MFT/B2B/EDI functionality
- Include available APIs for Axway MFT/B2B/EDI solutions in your API catalog.
Analytics and monitoring
- Real-time, end-to-end visibility of API usage
- API consumer adoption metrics with visibility to top consumers, churn risk and quota status
API usage metrics
- Measure most and least popular, volume, traffic and TPS
API performance metrics
- API quality metrics with latency and error rates
API infrastructure metrics
- Analysis of resource bottlenecks, error rates and latency
- Monitor and troubleshoot individual transactions, including drilling into processing steps and message content to perform root-cause analysis.
- Identify abnormal situations and use situational awareness to take proactive action before an issue becomes critical.
- Available in cloud, on-premise form factors and hybrid configurations
- Geoclustering available for both on-premise and cloud deployments
- Unified user interface
- Single sign-on
- Unified documentation portal