Design and implement a SaaS system to offer on-line management of recurring payments to comply with changing payments regulations
- Axway Financial Integration provides multi-channel, multi-format and multiservice architecture to host multiple customers over a single platform
- Native security protocols guarantee highest available protection and compliance
- Fully redundant platform ensures 24x7 operation
- Robust and reliable platform
- Highly scalable and flexible gateway solution supports smooth service ramp up
- New business services are quickly integrated with Axway Financial Integration
- Fast customer on-boarding
Our business is entirely dependent on the Axway solution. We have overcome some major challenges to achieve a quick, scalable, reliable and secure system through our use of Axway technology.
SlimPay is an independent Payment Service Provider (PSP) offering a SEPA¹ payments solution that delivers mass payment services for direct debit and credit transfer transactions. As a start-up organization, SlimPay has taken the lead in the market as the first Authorized Payment Institution approved by the Banque de France since the opening of the European market in 2010.
SlimPay has already encountered great success with leading retail commerce sites such as PriceMinister, Nespresso, SeLoger.com, and ClubMed Gym, in addition to French Electricity Company EDF. SlimPay began operating its SaaS platform in September 2011, and will process more than €500 million by 2014.
Payment Regulations Become an Opportunity
Based on a complete multi-protocol framework
SlimPay developed all the design and specifications for its new services offering internally. However, there was no off-the-shelf software solution available on the market that met all of its requirements. Jean-Louis Hoenen, CTO at SlimPay explained, “We had to identify a platform that would provide a solid backbone on which we could quickly build the services. Our shopping list was challenging, but we found through detailed product analysis and comparison that Axway had the best offer available.”
Axway Financial Integration (Axway FI) met SlimPay’s requirements as follows:
- A solution widely used within the banking sector, recognized for its capacity to easily manage and convert multiple formats and protocols
- Flexibility to support all business flows on both the merchant and the banking side, while enabling additional service enhancements with easy integration of in-house Java modules designed for fraud management, scoring, anti money laundering, commission calculation, and more
- All the tools necessary for painless operation including development, testing, and deployment tools, as well as optimization, security, supervision, and alarm management
- A resilient, feature-rich, highly scalable solution
SlimPay offers new value-add services to organizations wishing to take advantage of technological advancements in the payments market that make ever-increasing payment requirements easier to manage. These requirements include the move to SEPA Direct Debit (SDD) in the coming months, greater responsibility in the management of mandates, and integration of format modifications and changing network protocols. Widely used protocols in France such as PeSIT and SFTP have added to the complexity of the payments landscape. SlimPay proposes a mutualized SaaS approach based on Axway FI to collect payment orders adapted to all formats and protocols. The service provides for validation and enables organizations to avoid setting up complex fraud management systems. It processes payments in multiple European formats, and provides all required execution and reporting capabilities.
With Axway FI, SlimPay has achieved these objectives:
- Create and deploy a production platform adapted to the field of Payment Establishment.
- Offer “turnkey” services for electronic mandate signature and management and on-line preparation and execution of recurring payments in a context of new legal and technical requirements.
- Develop and deploy numerous business services around SEPA Direct Debit and SEPA Credit Transfer.
- Ensure rapid scalability for increasing volumes of transactions in a highly secure and available environment.
The SlimPay payment platform based on Axway FI takes the burden and cost of compliance away from its customers by offering a mutualized service platform. SlimPay customers experience increased quality of service through high availability, speed, performance and guaranteed security. Other salient advantages offered by the SlimPay platform include improved customer relationship management, a reduction in customer churn, and service supervision providing detailed reporting.
We operate mission-critical services for our customers and we are required to guarantee 24x7 availability. The Axway FI platform enables us to guarantee this availability.
Processing Speed, Scalability and Reliability
Essential to SlimPay’s success
SlimPay also chose Axway Financial Integration based on the platform’s capacity to manage high volumes of transactions. SlimPay plans to ramp up to several hundred thousand transactions per month by mid-2012, with continued growth into the future.
“We operate mission-critical services for our customers and we are required to guarantee 24x7 availability. The Axway FI platform enables us to guarantee this availability,” said Hoenen. In effect, SlimPay implemented the Axway FI platform in a distributed mode with multi-site data redundancy and full failover fault tolerance. The integration of native security protocols as well as the tools for fine supervision of operations, management of alarms according to the gravity of incidents, and detailed reporting of the activity of the systems were all determining elements in the decision to base the SlimPay SaaS system on Axway FI. “Our business is entirely dependent on the Axway solution. We have overcome some major challenges to achieve a quick, scalable, reliable and secure system through our use of Axway’s technology,” Hoenen concluded.
¹Single Euro Payment Area