Axway’s Mark O’Neill discusses the “API First Approach” at Nordic APIs in Seattle; InfoWorld highlights the use of backup big data for the cloud; Forbes points out the true value of the Internet of Things; CIO Today notes Forrester’s report on understanding big data; CIO highlights the challenges of creating your digital playbook.
- Enjoy API Workshops? Well if you were in Seattle today, then you were in luck! The Nordic APIs event (again, in Seattle, not Stockholm…) featured an interactive session where our very own VP Innovation, Mark O’Neill, discussed the “API First Approach.”
- InfoWorld published an article discussing the possibilities of using backup copies of data management in the cloud for analytics, app development and other applications. Eric Knorr asks an intriguing question: “if you’ve already copied your data into the cloud, at what point do you no longer feel the need to keep primary storage on premises?” What are your thoughts?
- It’s estimated there will be more than 25 billion devices handling 50 trillion gigabytes of data within the next five years. Wow. Joe McKendrick of Forbes discussed searching for the true value of the Internet of Things, which is taken from capturing and analyzing the data from sensors at the endpoint of the IoT.
- Big insight is key to understanding Big Data. CIO Today highlighted a recent Forrester report, stating that firms that are most successful in leveraging data use a combination of people, processes and technologies to systematically analyze data sets.
- What does your digital playbook look like? CIO noted the challenges companies face when becoming a digital business, and the role of IT leaders in overcoming those challenges.
TOPICS: API Management