Amplify Streams enables you to augment your existing API infrastructure with an event-driven layer for publishing data from your APIs by making them available as real-time streams of events that can be consumed by web, mobile or any other applications. Go beyond the traditional request/response paradigm and limitations of this approach. Amplify Streams uses Server-Sent-Events in order to push data to subscribed clients.
- Up to 90% reduction of cost of data sharing
- Reduced onboarding time of new partners from 3 months to 3 hours
- Significant decrease in bandwidth/network consumption
- Enhanced UX experience for end user
Amplify Streams SaaS Documentation
For developers to help get started
Without Amplify Streams
Every time a client wants a set of data, it needs to request it to the server and wait for the server response. That's polling.
With Amplify Streams
Instead of having to request data to the server every time, our proxy pushes data and data updates to the clients.
Replacing polling by push is not enough to minimize data consumption. That’s why Amplify Streams only pushes the portion of data that has changed.
Updates are pushed to the client using Server-Sent Events (SSE). By providing fallback mechanisms, Amplify Streams also works with older browsers.
To reduce server load and latency, Amplify Streams has a built-in cache mechanism to broadcast events to all clients subscribed to the same topic.
Whitepaper: Navigating the new streaming API landscape
Event-enable legacy and non-event applications
Easily add an event layer to existing producers (publishers) and consumers (subscribers) and bring existing applications and data sources to an event-driven world. As an evolutionary approach to adopting EDA and events, Amplify Streams allows legacy and modern applications – and Kafka – to work together in harmony.
- No need to rip and replace. Old is now new.
- Choose from a variety of connectors for event publishers and subscribers. Mix-and-match different publishers and consumers as needed.
- Distribute the same event to thousands of consumers using any combination of subscriber connectors.
Enable API management capabilities for events and Kafka
Amplify Streams connects seamlessly with all Amplify API Management Platform capabilities including a unified catalog, security, and governance to bring API management capabilities to events and Kafka. Tap into your existing API management instances to expand their value and leverage synergies.
- Use Amplify Streams by itself, or in combination with APIM for additional capabilities
- Secure and apply policies to all Amplify Streams management APIs controlling who can create topics and subscriptions
- Auto-discover and publish Amplify Streams event endpoints into Unified Catalog
A single place for APIs, Amplify Streams events, and third-party events
Amplify Catalog serves as a single pane of glass for your providers and consumers to publish and discover traditional APIs and new event endpoints. Find, reuse, and collaborate better by governing events and APIs from one place.
- Publish Async API specification for your Amplify Streams event endpoints in Amplify Catalog
- Publish events from non-Streams sources (such as Kafka) to Amplify Catalog
- Enable your consumers to explore events, review specs, and even self-subscribe
Amplify Streams: Capabilities
Versatile event hub
Amplify Streams offers a wide variety of publishers (http polling, http post, Kafka, Salesforce CometD) and subscribers (webhook, Kafka, server-sent events) with more being added regularly
API first, CI/CD-friendly
Amplify Streams is API-first and all features can be accessed through APIs for easy integration with CI/CD processes and tools
Amplify Streams event endpoints are published in Amplify Catalog, giving you a single, unified catalog for event and non-event assets
Empower your subscriber to self-onboard and register using the APIs or Amplify Catalog
Leverage the full power of API management to secure and apply policies to Amplify Streams APIs
A modern, microservices based architecture allows you to scale different components independently in response to your business needs
A containerized and automated deployment package allows you to deploy and run Amplify Streams in public clouds, private clouds, on-premises, or everywhere