Modern supply chains can be incredibly complex, with vast networks of distribution points in the marketplace and large numbers of intermediaries responsible for managing them.
In this environment, management of processes and events across the entire supply chain is both difficult and crucial – difficult because there are so many variables and moving parts in play; and crucial because a lack of transparency and control creates more opportunities for diversion and fraud. These factors increase the risk of regulatory violations and hinders an organization’s ability to meet product quality and safety expectations.
Axway Track & Trace provides end-to-end transparency, supply chain logistics management, and product authentication services across even the most complex supply chains. Based on an open GS1 standards-based framework, Track & Trace:
- Securely captures, retrieves, transfers and manages key product and serialized event data. The Event Repository supports EPC Information Services (EPCIS) queries to capture commissioning, packaging, and product movement events. In addition, it captures change-of-ownership and other financial events to provide a complete picture of the product lifecycle.
- Centrally manages serial number generation and allocation.
- Easily integrates with third-party systems, allowing internal and external trusted parties to access product identification, location, and event data at any point in the supply chain.
With this level of flexible and efficient business analytics sharing between trading partners along your extended collaborative supply chain, you can optimize all of your track and trace initiatives, including:
- Serialization: Use the Serial Number Manager to define the format and allocate unique serial number ranges across multiple locations, making it easier to manage the generation of serial numbers at the enterprise level.
- Diversion detection: Increase your revenues and protect your profits by detecting potential “gray market” product diversion.
- Global regulatory compliance: Comply with existing regulations for pharmaceuticals, devices, and food products, and prepare for emerging requirements including ePedigree.
- Anti-counterfeiting: Protect your brand and meet safety and quality expectations by rapidly identifying counterfeit products.
Track & Trace can be quickly deployed — either hosted or licensed — so you don’t have to divert resources from more profitable uses.