Devastating email-borne viruses can circle the globe in a matter of hours, causing irreparable damage to an organization's communications infrastructure. If your enterprise is infected, you not only incur costly downtime, but your employees can unwittingly spread deadly viruses to customers, partners, and prospects. The costs in terms of lost productivity, lost data, and lost customer confidence can be astronomical.
Axway MailGate provides superior defense against the threat of viruses and other forms of malicious — even criminal — email activity, such as phishing, distributed botnet attacks, and more. MailGate protects your enterprise email traffic at the Internet gateway, detecting and disinfecting potentially damaging messages and attachments before they enter your network.
Our industry-leading solution delivers:
- High-performance, scalable protection from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware and other forms of malware/crimeware through advanced Kaspersky or McAfee antivirus engines. MailGate can detect and remove threats in all major file types, including mobile code and compressed file formats.
- Automatic virus definition and engine updates with no interruption in virus scanning, maximizing uptime and accelerating the deployment of cures.
- The ability to develop custom enterprise antivirus scanning policies and block selected unauthorized file attachments and executables. Granular antivirus policies can be enforced around users, recipients, and attachment types (e.g. stopping .mp3 files). MailGate also provides true-type recognition of file types, regardless of whether file extensions have been tampered with.
- Zero-hour virus outbreak protection that quarantines suspicious messages and attachments in the critical early hours of an outbreak. Administrators can specify the length of time for quarantines until antivirus vendors provide virus signature updates.
- A central administration console for implementing configuration changes, receiving alerts, and generating reports.