PHOENIX, July 23, 2012 – As part of its commitment to interoperability standards, Axway (NYSE Euronext: AXW), business-to-business (B2B) and managed file transfer (MFT) solutions have successfully completed Drummond® Certification for AS2-1Q12 interoperability testing. Additionally, Axway B2Bi successfully completed the new SHA-2 (Secure Hashing Algorithm) test. This Optional Test Profile is built upon the AS2 standard by request from industries that have additional requirements beyond what is specified in the standard. SHA-2 is being utilized by U.S. federal agencies, U.S. and European energy industry and the Drug Enforcement Administration’s (DEA) Controlled Substances Ordering Systems (CSOS) for generating digital signatures.
“SHA-1 is the default in AS2 and is widely used and accepted. AS2 products that add SHA-2 deliver on the emerging requirement in some industries for signing messages using SHA-2,” says Rik Drummond, CEO of Drummond Group. “An additional benefit of Optional Test Profiles is that it allows software vendors to optionally incorporate the new functionality into their products as their release schedule permits.”
Originally co-authored by Axway, AS2 is one of the most widely recognized messaging standards for B2B e-commerce with thousands of implementations around the globe. It enables users to connect, deliver and reply to all forms of data (including EDI and XML) securely and reliably, thereby delivering cost savings and providing flexibility and control on how the data is utilized.
Axway offers B2B and MFT technology that helps companies efficiently and securely exchange data with trading partners across their business interaction networks. Axway's Drummond-certified products for AS2 interoperability include:
• Axway B2Bi – Provides a simple way to handle EDI and XML transactions and integrate any B2B process with business applications, including Oracle, SAP, and Lawson.
• Axway Interchange – A high performance B2B gateway to create and manage sophisticated B2B communities with hundreds of business partners and multiple business units, across distributed geographic locations.
• Axway Activator – Enables enterprises to establish last-mile connections that quickly exchange collaborative B2B transactions – including EDI – via the Internet, no matter what IT infrastructure is in place.
• Axway SecureTransport - Designed to handle interactive, collaborative user-driven communications, portal-based file transfer, and automated file transfers between systems, sites and external partners.
• Axway Gateway – Allows companies to consolidate diverse B2B communication protocols and platforms into a unified, centralized, secure framework to reduce transaction costs and quickly ramp up partner communities.
“We are pleased to provide our customers with products that help them manage and secure their business interactions,” said Dale Moberg, chief architect, Axway. “This recent certification is a testament to our dedication and work with the AS2 community to develop standards-based solutions that provide adaptability and flexibility.”
Follow Axway on Twitter: @Axway
Axway (NYSE Euronext: AXW), the Business Interaction Networks company, is a software and services company registered in France with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. Established in 2001, Axway serves more than 11,000 organizations in 100 countries, with offices around the globe. Our award-winning products, solutions and services enable the business-critical transactions required to accelerate performance within and among enterprises – while providing management, security and governance on interactions throughout business networks. Axway’s industry-leading offerings include: business-to-business integration, managed file transfer, secure email, business operations monitoring, process management and identity validation solutions, as well as professional and managed services, cloud solutions, and Software-as-a-Service. More information is available at www.axway.com.